You probably meet more and more Vegans every day of late. Have you wondered what it is like to live a meat free life? That means your whole diet will be purely plant based! Even though many may see a meat free lifestyle/diet as a major challenge yet it would be interesting to understand the different aspects of it.
Becoming a vegan & following a meat free diet is not just cutting off meat because it is trending now on social media; this is a major shift in your total lifestyle. There are a lot of changes and challenges that every individual will fall into while shifting their lifestyle.
First of all, you need to understand the core of a meat free diet; you need to know how and when you can shift into a complete vegan lifestyle, and lastly understand and acknowledge the importance and benefits of a meat free lifestyle!
What are the Benefits of a Meat Free Diet:
- Prevents and limits the risk of different mortal diseases like obesity, hypertension, strokes… etc. especially after limiting your consumption of processed meat that in many cases have resulted in dangerous illnesses like cancer, digestive problems and heart attacks.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases; after limiting the consumption of animal meat that are extremely rich in fat, this will reduce the risk of clots and fats clotting in your veins or around body organs which by turn leads to a healthier lifestyle.
- You will be exposed to all minerals, nutrients and fibres that you were missing while not including a generous amount of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Reduce the amount of man-made, high standard chemical meat intake.
- Helps in boosting energy levels; who doesn't feel lazy and sleepy after eating a burger or any heavy dish that has meat or chicken? That is because meat specifically contains a high amount of fats that results in reducing energy levels, whereas if you switch to a plant-based diet, since plants are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, these will result in bursting your energy level.
- Help in saving the planet. When killing and eating meat you are indirectly taking a major role in the climate changes, water depletion, soil erosion and several other environmental challenges we are currently facing.
How to make the transition to a Meat Free Diet Smooth?
If you have been living on a meat and animal diet for all of your life, then shifting to meat free diet will be hard and challenging at first; but there are simple steps you can follow in order to make the transition easier and smoother.
- Check the substitute for each type of meat with a plant (lentils, chickpeas…) and start including them in your diet as you slowly limit your meat consumption.
- Remove animal products/meat that you don’t like as a start.
- Remove meat and chicken from your diet and give yourself sometime before removing seafood as well.
- Start your transition by becoming a vegetarian and not a vegan, this will make it easier for you knowing that you will be able to take in your favorite dishes meat free but not dairy free.
- After becoming comfortable with your new diet, start removing barrier food.
After becoming aware of all of these benefits it is important to understand that there are different products, substitutes to meat but are even more delicious meat free products naming:
And you can find all meat free products that will make your transition easier when visiting our website: www.bevegan.ae